- This event has passed.
Transformation through cooperation – good food for everyone, but how?
September 24, 2021 - September 26, 2021
What food do we want? Today and in the future? Under what conditions is it produced? Who can afford it? What responsibility do consumers have? As part of the conference “Transformation through Cooperation” the Austrian Movement for Food Sovereignty invites food producers, consumers, NGOs, public institutions and scientists to learn and discuss about the possibilities for socially just and ecologically sustainable agriculture. The conference will cover the following topics:
- Agro-ecological production methods, rural handicrafts, and climate protection
- Solidarity agriculture, food cooperatives, and community gardens
- Supply structures for households, restaurants and public kitchens
- Local control instruments, such as nutrition councils
- Rights of small farmers and harvest workers at all levels